Ready for an employment opportunity with no ceiling for advancement? Crace+ Beam CPAs is a rapidly growing certified public accounting firm on the northside of Indianapolis. We provide tax planning, preparation, bookkeeping, payroll, business management consulting, and litigation support to more than 800 business owners and individuals all over the country. Our track record of impeccable advice and client service is attributed to the values we adhere to and our dedicated team members.
We don’t hire people that want a job. We hire people that are looking for a career. The next team member we hire will provide support to our accounting & payroll department. In supporting the payroll department, you will work with our payroll clients by processing their periodic employee payroll, record the journal entries for those transactions, and ensure that all monthly, quarterly, and annual returns are filed correctly. In addition, you will assist our business bookkeeping clients, classifying their downloaded transactions, enter their check details, reconcile their bank and credit card accounts and help create the financial statements that our clients rely upon.
To perform this job to the best of your potential, you will need a solid understanding of payroll processing & compliance. Second to that, you will need accounting skills and be fluent in programs, such as, Word, Excel, and Outlook. We use QuickBooks Online for client bookkeeping and a major third-party vendor for payroll. Use with QuickBooks Online is a must and a certification is a plus. Knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll processing moves you to the front of the line. On the tax side, if you have prepared a few returns or taken a class or two, we can work with that. If your accounting experience has provided you with an opportunity to work with sales and payroll taxes, you are what we are looking for.
Tax experience is not required to become a team member, but it sure helps. The tax department needs a little help from time to time, especially in tax season from January 15th through April 15th. If you have some tax experience, you will provide data entry support by entering tax forms into our cloud-based tax software. If your experience surprises us, you may get the chance to prepare a few returns outright.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and daily tasks with accuracy
- Talents that include making quick accurate decisions based on information provided
- Understanding the goal with every project you undertake
- Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
- Work and play well with others
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of hands-on accounting and payroll experience
- QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisors move to the front of the line
- Knowledge of debits, credits, internal controls, and accounting processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the financial industry or an accounting firm is a plus
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and QuickBooks Online
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience (this is not a starting position – you will be compensated for your experience)
- Excellent medical coverage
- Retirement plan
- Generous bonus plan
- New business commission plan
Crace + Beam is an equal opportunity employer, and we are always looking for motivated individuals that want to build a career, not just seeking a job. Our environment is laid back, fun, family friendly, and growth opportunities abound.